Saturday, February 7, 2009

Encouragement

I met with a friend this morning who is going through an incredibly difficult time with her wayward daughter. It is hard to know what to say--in fact, I have found that sometimes there is nothing you can say. You can only offer your support and prayers. It may not feel like enough but I can't help but wonder if someday I will need the same. This thought often gets me worried--I begin to assume that I will go through struggles because it seems everyone else is. Yet in the midst of those worries, God's peace comes over me. He doesn't want me to live in fear. He doesn't want me to assume the worse. In fact, a couple of days after the stabbing incident occurred at my son's high school, I received this daily encouraging word from K-Love:

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

~ Isaiah 65:24, NLT

It is an amazing thought to consider--that before we even utter a prayer, a need, a want...God is not only aware of it but He is ready to answer and deliver. I find that incredible. I find that comforting. In the midst of talking to God about your problem, He is already working on your behalf. Perhaps you are not seeing things happen the way you would like. You may find yourself worrying about situations in your life. God already knows. He is already working on your behalf. We may not know the outcome now...we may not see the answer we would prefer...we may not understand His ways...but He is working on your behalf! Trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment